Startup Virginia is committed to helping you get back to work.
We are taking proactive steps to maintain a healthy work environment and ask that all Startup Virginia members and their guests actively participate to keep our community safe.
The plan below is based on guidance from Capital One and recommendations by the CDC and federal/state authorities for how to control the spread of the virus. We will continue to monitor these authorities and update our guidelines and policies as recommendations evolve.
Our Community Pledge
Maintaining a safe and healthy workspace is a cooperative effort. We ask that all Startup Virginia members take our community pledge before returning to the 1717 Innovation Center:
- I will not come to Startup Virginia if:
(1) I feel unwell or have a cough or shortness of breath not attributable to another condition
(2) I have had a temperature of 100.4+ within the last 24 hours
(3) I have come in close contact with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19 (Refer to CDC guidelines on Quarantine and Isolation)
- If not fully vaccinated, I will wear a mask while in meeting rooms with others and when moving about in the open workspace/common areas
- I will respect and encourage safe physical distancing
- I will wash my hands frequently and thoroughly
- I will ensure my guests sign in at the front desk and abide by the Community Pledge
- I will notify Startup Virginia staff immediately if I become aware that I, a team member, or my guest has tested positive for COVID-19
Updates & Improvements
- Keycard access only at the front door. The building is open to Startup Virginia members and their guests ONLY. Guests are required to sign in with the security guard at the front desk.
- Security guard on-site during business hours (no Capital One staff)
- Those that are unvaccinated are required to wear masks in meeting rooms with other individuals and in common areas. Free, disposable masks are available if you forget yours.
- Virtual Startup Virginia programming and mentor office hours
- Daily mail service continues with mail stored at the mail counter. If you submitted a mail forwarding request to the post office, you will need to cancel it for mail to resume delivery to Startup Virginia.
HEALTH + SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS
- Enhanced and rigorous cleaning of the 1717 Innovation Center including, but not limited to, wiping down and disinfecting all high-touch surface areas:
- Handles, handrails, knobs, push plates, door pads, restroom doors
- Elevator buttons, light switches, and other building fixtures
- Shared/common-area surfaces and shared printers
- Galley surfaces and appliance handles
- Modified building HVAC to increase outside air circulation within the building
- Hand sanitizer at primary entrances, exits, outside elevators, and throughout common areas for member use
- Touchless faucets, soap dispensers, and towel dispensers in kitchen areas
- Hands-free foot pulls on bathroom doors