- This event has passed.
Certificate Course #1 – Define Your Idea
September 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
Startup Virginia’s Entrepreneur Certificate gives entrepreneurs the business acumen & growth trajectory to successfully scale their startup. It is designed to help individuals develop the business skills necessary to validate their vision, grow their startup, understand fundraising vehicles and pitch to potential investors.
The first course helps you define your idea by developing a sound business model and challenging your assumptions by completing a business model canvas. This includes:
– Idea development
– Need gap analysis
– Competitive assessment
– MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
Blue Crump, TOPO Labs
Aaron Forrester, VCU da Vinci Center for Innovation
Cost: Startup Virginia Members and Community Guests – Free!
Do I have to attend all nine Entrepreneur Certificate Courses?
– No. You can participate in any course/session that is of interest to you. If all nine courses are attended you will receive Startup Virginia’s Entrepreneur Certificate.
How often do you plan to offer the nine courses?
– Our plan is to offer each course quarterly. Note: You don’t have to attend the courses consecutively to receive the certificate.
What are my parking options for getting to and from the event?
– Some street parking is available – if not succesful, the best public lot is across from Main Street Station. Please be sure to pay so you don’t get a ticket! For more parking options click here.
Will this course be available to view online?
– Not at this time. Our plan is to have future courses available online.