Early-Stage Program Manager
Summary of Position:
The Program Manager (Early-Stage Support) in collaboration with the Director of Startup Growth, is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of Startup Virginia’s programming for aspiring entrepreneurs and very early-stage startup companies.
- Incubator Member support:
- Develop substantial relationships with very early-stage (primarily idea-stage and pre-seed stage) member startups to identify areas of need and tailor individualized plans to guide them through SVA’s mentor network and program offerings.
- Work closely with the Director of Startup Growth to develop a structured mentoring program and milestones for very early-stage member companies and strategically match members and mentors.
- Create and maintain relationships with mentors and track mentor volunteer hours.
Customize and manage a mentor technology platform to meet incubator needs.
- Idea Factory:
- Manage all aspects of the Idea Factory program, including interaction with facilitators/experts, recruiting of and communication with mentors, participant interactions, application review, and program facilitation.
- Facilitate resourcing of Idea Factory graduates to ensure continued entrepreneurial ecosystem support through Startup Virginia and/or other community organizations.
- Entrepreneur Certificate Course:
- Maintain online courses on Teachable platform, facilitate access, and answer user questions.
- Develop new content to address ever-changing entrepreneurial/startup needs.
- Create white-labeled sales pages for community partner organizations.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with community organizations who could leverage the course.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, entrepreneurship, or a related field preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working with small businesses, entrepreneurs, or in the startup space
- Passion and empathy for the startup and entrepreneurial community
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Relational and enjoys community outreach
- Well organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a small team
- Curious and interested in opportunity to learn and develop skill sets to better support entrepreneurs
- Base salary: $50,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health insurance stipend: $180/month
- Opportunity for director-level advancement
About Startup Virginia:
Startup Virginia (SVA) is a nonprofit, high-growth business incubator and entrepreneurial hub where innovators can learn, collaborate, and grow. Our incubator currently serves 80 startup companies that are supported by an expansive network of mentors, investors, corporate partners, and donors. SVA provides holistic programming and dynamic workspace to our member community, as well as free entrepreneurial education that is open to all. By helping entrepreneurs reach their full potential, we are driving innovation and strengthening our region’s economy.