- You have a product/service that can appeal to and serve a large market
- You have developed or are in the process of developing a strategy/capability to reach that large market
One thing we place value in at Startup Virginia is the culture of our workspace. We have a collection of amazing people come through our doors everyday and we want you to be a part of that. This is why we only offer virtual memberships to those founders who live outside of the Richmond area.
It means that we are here for the benefit of our members. When you join us, we don’t take equity in your company, and your membership fee goes directly into making Startup Virginia better for you.
No, being a non-profit, we cannot invest in your company. However, we will provide you access to capital though high level connections, visibility on our website and specifically designed programing.
We recognize the nature of startups is rooted in change. We do not require that you sign a lease, and membership is on a month-to-month basis. A membership/license agreement however must be signed and will be sent to you after being accepted as a member.
The dedicated staff at Startup Virginia carefully considers each application, and it is approved or denied based on our high growth criteria.
Our building is open 24/7 for members , mentors, and staff throughought keycard access. During regular business hours (9-5 Monday through Friday) we will have a front desk manager who will sign in and direct visitors. We are not open on bank holidays.
Our building is located in the heart of Shockoe Bottom at 1717 East Cary Street. Below you will find a map, and information on parking:
- Note: There are also bike racks at the front of the building
1717 East Cary Street, Richmond VA 23223
(1) CityParking Inc. 1527 E Cary St 24HR Parking, 12HR @ $6
(2) SP PLUS Main Street Station East Lot 1548 E Main St 24HR Parking, First Hour free, +$1 per hour after that
(3) SP PLUS Amtrak Parking 1537 E Main St 24HR First Hour free, +$1 per hour after that
(4) PARKWAY 1504 East Cary St 24HR Parking, 1 HR @ $4, 12 HR @ $8, 24HR à $12
(5) CityParking Inc. 6 S 15th St 24HR Parking, 2HR à $5, 4HR @ $8, 10HR @ $12
(6) PARKWAY 1422 E Cary St 24HR Parking, 1HR @ $4, 12HR @ $8, 24HR @ $12
(7) LANIER 14th and Cary Garage 1410 E Cary St 24HR Parking, 1HR @ $4, 2HR @ $8, 3HR @ $12, MAX-2PM à $16
(8) Public Parking 154 N 18th St 24HR Parking, 12HR @ $5
(9) City of Richmond Market Place Lot 210 N 18th St 24HR Parking, Midnight – 5PM @ $3, 5PM – Midnight @ $5
(10) PARKWAY 14th & Main Lot 37 S 14th St 24HR Parking, 1HR @ $4, 12HR @ $8, 24HR @ $10
(11) City of Richmond 1641 E Grace St 24HR Parking, MAX – Midnight @ $5
(12) Marshall Crane 1605 E Grace St 24HR Parking, MAX - Midnight @ $3
NOTE: There is a bicycle rack located at the front of the building.