Terms and Conditions of Membership I, agree that the Services provided to me by The Annex and / or 27 North 17th Street Partners (hereinafter “The Annex”)—said Services including but not limited to Internet access and use of the office space at 27 North 17th Street Richmond VA 23219 (hereinafter “The Space”)—are subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Membership.
1. LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE OF SPACE 1.1. I understand that my membership does not constitute a lease or sublease but is only a license to use The Space. 1.2. I understand that membership is a privilege that may be revoked at The Annex ‘s discretion. If my membership is revoked, I understand that The Annex will return my membership dues for the remaining period of membership, and I agree to forfeit my membership, keys, and any other evidence of membership. 1.3. I understand that all amenities provided by The Annex, including but not limited to opening hours, availability of a particular working area, use of the printer, or availability of the Internet are to be deemed as additional privileges of membership are included in the cost of membership, but are subject to change. 1.4. I understand that my use of The Space may on occasion be disrupted. This may include, but is not limited to: (i) the offering of events or Services on the premises that are not included in the standard membership and that may require additional fees to attend or use, and (ii) the need to move to another work area and under rare circumstances to vacate the premises entirely. 1.5. I understand that The Annex will do its best to announce to the member community in advance of any known changes or disruptions to member access to The Space or to the use of Services provided by The Annex. 2. TERMS OF PAYMENT & MEMBERSHIP 2.1. Members are responsible to pay for the entire length of their selected Membership Period, as designated in the Membership Agreement. 2.2. Memberships must be paid at minimum in monthly installments, with the first installment being made prior to the commencement of membership, and each subsequent installment being made at least one day prior to the month to which the Payment applies. 2.3. Payments received more than five days after their due date will be charged a Late Fee of $50 and the Member—owing such Payments for Membership or Late Fees—will be denied access to The Space and its Services until such time as said Payments are up to date. 2.4 Automatic membership renewal – Notice required.Unless the member or an agent for the member’s organization gives written notice to the contrary 60 days prior to membership renewal, the membership shall be on an annual basis at the end of the initial lease term or at the end of any subsequent lease term. 2.5 Cancellation of membership can by acheived by providing written notice to an agent of The Annex not less than sixty (60) days prior to the expiration of the membership term.
3. RESPECT FOR COMMUNITY INTERESTS 3.1. I understand that The Annex Workspace has been created for the benefit of the entire community of members and that my own membership should not interfere with the interests of the community as a whole. 3.2. I understand that no member, including myself, has rights to permanent use of any given space except under written agreement with The Annex . 3.3. I agree not to maintain or store any inventory of goods in common areas of the premises that have not been expressly designed for such purpose. 3.4. I understand that I must clean up after myself or my guests. 3.5. I understand that I must receive permission from The Annex to post signs, host events, orotherwise use The Space in ways that may impose on the interests of the membership community. 3.6. I agree not to act in a manner that in The Annex ‘s sole discretion does or is likely to adversely affect the peaceful operation or enjoyment of The Space, the building in which The Space is located, or the building’s occupants, guests, or contractors.
4. NO ILLEGAL OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE ACTIVITY 4.1. I agree not to engage in any illegal activity in The Space or in or around the building in which The Space is located, including but not limited to drug use or illegal online activity. 4.2. I agree not to engage in any online or business activity of the sort that may damage or impair the functioning of The Space or its Services, including but not limited to overburdening or impairing any servers or networks connected to The Space. 4.3. I further agree not to engage in any online or business activities of a questionable moral character that may damage or otherwise adversely affect the benefits of Membership, The Annex’s reputation, or the reputation of Members of The Space, including but not limited to using The Space in connection with downloading or using trademarked or copyrighted material without permission, pyramid schemes, spam, identity theft, defaming or harassing others, or uploading or downloading profane or indecent material. In cases where a judgment call remains to be made, such judgments will be made at the sole discretion of The Annex.
5. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITED LIABILITY 5.1. I understand that if someone or something at The Space gets hurt or damaged as a result of my negligence, then I am responsible to pay for that injury or damage if my insurance provider does not. 5.2. In no event shall The Annex, or its agents, employees, members, shareholders, or guests be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty, negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever, arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of The Space or its Services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement. 5.3. I AGREE NOT TO HOLD The Annex OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR the loss, theft, or damage of Members’ personal belongings including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, clothing, bags, wallets, or books. 5.4. The Annex will carry Liability and Personal Property insurance for property belonging to The Annex and The Space. As a Member, it is strongly suggested that you carry your own liability and personal property insurance policy to cover your own property and to protect yourself against damage to The Annex , The Space, or other Members’ personal belongings.
6. FINAL PROVISIONS 6.1. I understand that The Annex reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions of Membership at any time. I understand that The Annex will attempt to contact Members to notify them of any changes within 30 days of their enactment, but I also understand that Members are ultimately responsible to periodically check the Terms and Conditions of Membership for any changes. 6.2. In the event that any provision or portion of these Terms and Conditions of Membership are determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by the law. 6.3. The rights and obligations not specified herein shall be governed by the law. Any disputes shall be settled in compliance with the law. By my signature below, I represent that I have read the above Terms and Conditions of Membership in their entirety, have been given the opportunity to ask questions and/or have this document reviewed by legal counsel, and that I understand and agree to abide by the above Terms and Conditions of Membership, by the Membership Agreement, and by the The Annex Rules.
We Would Love to Have You Visit Startup Virginia at The Annex Soon!